Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 6th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we're 160,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world's most trusted financial group, it's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.
This is a hybrid position. The selected colleague will work at an MUFG office an average of two to three days per week with the remainder worked remotely.
Senior Specialist/Analyst requires an analytical skillset to meet reconciliation, research and reporting needs of the Commercial Loan Operations department. The ideal candidate will enjoy detailed research in multiple systems, be intellectually curious, and have a solid work ethic. Candidate should have excellent problem solving skills, be proactive, and communicate clearly and concisely.
- 1-3 years of experience working in a bank operations environment with experience reconciling and balancing banks general ledger accounts.
- Highly skilled proficiency in the use of spreadsheets is required.
- Willingness and proven ability to learn new systems and technical skills quickly is critical.
- Excellent attention to detail, organized approach and strong problem solving/facilitation abilities
- Mature approach with excellent influential communication (verbal/written) skills
- Strong time management, work organization and multi-tasking skills with a drive for efficiency, accuracy and risk management controls while maintaining 100% dedication, excellent attitude and flexibility
- Working knowledge of the following is a plus; Access, SharePoint, Business Objects, VBA and SQL.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Maintain and improve current management including dashboard and exception monitoring metrics.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of regulatory reporting requests
25% General Ledger Reconciliation
- Balance the most complex customer account statements.
- Research and resolve discrepancies by reviewing source documents, account history files, adjustment forms, and report printouts. /
15% Perform special projects as required and any other duties assigned.
10% Proactively recognize and manage risk
The typical base pay range for this role is between $50K - $65K depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience and location. This role may also be eligible for certain discretionary performance-based bonus and/or incentive compensation. Additionally, our Total Rewards program provides colleagues with a competitive benefits package (in accordance with the eligibility requirements and respective terms of each) that includes comprehensive health and wellness benefits, retirement plans, educational assistance and training programs, income replacement for qualified employees with disabilities, paid maternity and parental bonding leave, and paid vacation, sick days, and holidays.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual's associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.