Hours: Mon-Fri, 261 contract days, 8 hrs/day
Position is full-time, 261 days a year. This position is part of the clerical bargaining unit and based at the District Office. Salary and benefits pursuant to the Master Agreement including generous paid time off and holidays.
As an Administrative Assistant, this position plays a crucial role in the support of the daily operations of the Teaching & Learning Department and ensures the smooth functioning of administrative processes at a district level. The position supports the Director in a variety of administrative tasks to ensure both students and staff have the resources and support they need.
- Under the direction of the Director of Teaching & Learning, assists in the preparation of monthly budget reports for accuracy and monitors expenses. Code expenditures with accuracy including capital, personnel, staff development expenditures (meals, mileage and parking) and codes staff timesheets.
- Prepare and receive purchase orders in the finance system, initiate orders for new curriculum-related products, track annual subscriptions and arrange professional development and conference registrations, as needed. Collect payment from families and deposit funds accurately for applicable student experiences (ex. Young Authors Conference) Arrange and facilitate the sale of used textbooks.
- Maintain accurate records of core curriculum resources used in all content areas.
- Work with vendors to request samples and quotes. Maintain accurate records of current contracts. Serve as main resource for staff questions regarding curriculum resources
- Access educational data and create visual presentations for District Staff Development, World's Best Workforce, Achievement and Integration, and other reports. Maintain department website for updates. Coordinate civil rights data collection review district-wide, submit compiled information and resolve any errors
- In coordination with the district data coordinator, provide support for district assessments (ex: MCA, MTAS, ACCESS, MAP, FastBridge, CogAT) order tests and assemble school testing supplies for schools, maintain online testing calendar and refusal form, roster students and staff for assessments when applicable, and disseminate MCA reports to families. Attend annual webinar for updates
- Under the direction of the Director of Teaching & Learning, coordinate with St. Jude's of the Lake regarding enrollment for special services and non-public AIDS forms in the summer. Review monthly budgets and provide status on funds available. Provide St. Jude enrollment information to finance and special services
- Track home school families who apply for the State Non-Public AIDS program and maintain applicable spreadsheets and forms. Follow up with families to ensure deadlines are met. Collaborate with MARSS Coordinator and District Nurse to ensure appropriate documentation is maintained. Attend quarterly meetings and relay appropriate information to the Director of Teaching & Learning. Serve as main contact for questions from staff and families
Other duties: coordinate department meetings, (i.e. manage calendar invites, set up rooms and arrange for resources as needed) Provide assistance to the front desk and communications in a variety of functions.
Under the direction of the Director of Teaching & Learning, manage the list of district-wide curriculum committees and update changes on an annual basis. Communicate summer curriculum writing with staff and coordinate follow up meetings. Work with district staff to coordinate fall workshop schedule.
- Associates Degree in related field or specialized training, and/or equivalent work experience for successful completion of the essential functions of the job
- At least 1 year previous administrative and customer-focused work experience, in an educational setting preferred
- Strong knowledge of budgets and basic accounting principles
- Proficient with office software applications (e.g., Google Suite and Microsoft Office Suite) experience developing newsletters, knowledge of web based applications and the ability to quickly learn new technology
- High level of professionalism, discretion, and confidentiality in handling sensitive information
- Collaborative and positive attitude with the ability to work well within a team and provide support across different departments
- Ability to work independently and with limited supervision
Mahtomedi Public Schools ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, gender, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. Mahtomedi Public Schools is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of the district and strongly encourages persons to apply who can strengthen our diversity.