Provides expert analysis and professional leadership on complex Actuarial assignments/projects. Prepares actuarial analyses of rating factors, premium rate values, claim reserves, profitability estimates. Works with actuarial management to communicate results of actuarial research and influence business strategy. Has thorough knowledge of actuarial statistics and assumptions used for modeling cost, risk and revenue trends. Very skilled in the use of PC spreadsheet applications. Exercises considerable creativity, foresight, and judgment in conceiving, planning, and delivering initiatives. Uses deep professional knowledge and acumen to advise functional leaders. Recognized internally as a subject matter expert.
- Develop and maintain analytics related to pricing relativities between funding types. Utilize these results to help drive funding type quoting strategies in the evolving U.S. Commercial business segments.
- Improve pricing accuracy and alignment via methodology studies related to end-to-end pricing, such as: experience credibility, blended claims projection, renewal methodology, underwriting adjustments, and total rate build up. This may involve analytics, collaboration on solutions with partners in pricing and underwriting, communicating new model requirements and impacts, and testing that changes were implemented correctly.
- Support Underwriting Helpdesk questions related to end-to-end pricing assumptions.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
- 4-6 years professional work experience in actuarial or related field
- Associate or Fellow of the Society of Actuaries preferred
- Outstanding problem-solving, analytical, technical, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be proactive and effect change, influence, persuade, and collaborate with audiences of various levels of experience and responsibility
For this position, we anticipate offering an annual salary of $90,200 - $150,400, depending on relevant factors, including experience and geographic location.
This role is also anticipated to be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan.
Helping our customers achieve healthier, more secure lives is at the heart of what we do. While you take care of our customers, we’ll take care of you through a comprehensive benefits program that helps you be at your best. Starting on day one of your employment, you’ll be offered several health-related benefits including medical, vision, dental, and best in class well-being and behavioral health programs. We also offer 401(k) with company match, company paid life insurance, tuition reimbursement, a minimum of 18 days of paid time off per year and dozens of corporate discounts on essentials you use every day. For more details on our employee benefits programs, please visit the “Life at Cigna” tab on our careersite: www.cigna.com/careers
Cigna Corporation exists to improve lives. We are a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. Together, with colleagues around the world, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation. When you work with us, or one of our subsidiaries, you’ll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people’s lives. What difference will you make?
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.
Cigna has a tobacco-free policy and reserves the right not to hire tobacco/nicotine users in states where that is legally permissible. Candidates in such states who use tobacco/nicotine will not be considered for employment unless they enter a qualifying smoking cessation program prior to the start of their employment. These states include: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Vermont, and Washington State.