Job Title: Account Executive
Reports To: Director of Sales
FLSA Status: Exempt
Daylight Transport is seeking an Account Executive to join our team. Our Account Executives are responsible for meeting revenue and profit goals in their given geography. The Account Executive should be responsive to the customer, ensuring expectations are met and exceeded. The Account Executive will serve as the customers key point of contact through in person meetings, telephone calls and email communications. Must have 2+ years Business to Business sales or equivalent experience. Must be at least 18 years old. We offer a very competitive base salary and benefits package, including car allowance, uncapped commission program, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and matching 401(k).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Cultivate and grow geographic territory through consistent new business development and growth of current accounts.
- Analyze client supply chain, the market and Daylight Transport service offerings to best act as a valuable supply chain consultant. Providing value with each engagement.
- Develop relationships with decision makers and influencers in various departments and at various levels through live interaction in geographic territory.
- Promote new and under-utilized service offerings, matching said service with customer needs.
- Negotiate fair market price at acceptable profit levels through collaboration with customers and internal pricing analysts.
- Effectively onboard new customers through a thorough explanation of services, pricing, expectations and support mechanisms.
- Validate service being provided to current customers meets internal and external expectations. Communicate potential gaps to operational resources with the end goal of improving, meeting and exceeding expectations.
- Learn the intricacies of the business model to better understand what drives service, cost and value.
- Effectively leverage the technology tools available to provide world-class service and information to current and prospective customers. Tools include, but are not limited to internal operating systems, myDaylight.com and Salesforce.com .
- Keep customer informed of internal and market changes to include adjustments to terms and conditions, speed of service and price.
- Determine and effectively communicate customer requirements to operational support at time of onboarding to include equipment needs, hours of operation and the like.
- Manage transportation and entertainment expenses in an expense report submitted on a monthly basis.
- Keep a record of your daily activities in Salesforce.com .
- Be aware of and effectively address customer concerns.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Two years of Business to Business Sales experience or equivalent required. Transportation related experience preferred. Bachelor degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Other Skills/ Qualifications: Computer literate, PC and mainframe. MS Windows.Background on Salesforce.com preferred.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; sit; talk or hear.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Daylight Transport is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, and/or gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, military status, Vietnam Era and/or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable la