The Finance Department is looking for an organized, detailed, team-oriented individual to join their team.
Position Definition: Performs responsible clerical accounting activities and related support for the accounts payable and/or accounts receivable functions, cashiering, and business licensing within the Finance Department and performs related work as required.
Supervision Exercised and Received: This class has no supervisory responsibility. Receives general supervision from assigned management and/or supervisory staff.Examples of Typical Job Functions: The essential functions of this classification may include, but are not limited to, the functions below and are subject to changes in operational necessity.
- Assembles, sorts, codes, enters and files fiscal, statistical and related data; performs calculations and verifies totals; maintains electronic and manual records to post, adjust and balance accounts; allocates funds to correct accounts according to established procedures; balances and reconciles accounts; and other transaction activity;
- Maintains various ledgers, registers, journals, spreadsheets, payroll time records, inventories and other financial records according to established procedures;
- Prepares and process various bills and invoices; maintains files;
- Reviews various documents including forms, applications, invoices, deposit slips and other records for accuracy and consistent application of established coding and recordkeeping practices;
- Collects and accounts for money, checks and credit cards; issues vouchers and receipts; maintains petty cash and prepares deposits as assigned; and
- Performs a variety of general office support duties such as opening, distributing and processing mail; ordering supplies; filing; answering phones; greeting the public and performing general document production and reproduction.
- For detailed information about this job classification, visit Account Clerk.
Education and Experience Guidelines: Any combination equivalent to experience and education that would most likely provide the required knowledge and abilities would be qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Education: High school diploma or certified equivalent (GED); college-level course work in accounting, finance or a closely-related field is highly desired.
Experience: Two years of recent technical work experience performing accounting and financial record-keeping in a work environment with public contact.
Licenses/certifications/other requirements: Must be willing to work such hours as are necessary to accomplish the job requirements; travel to attend meetings, seminars and conferences. Classification requires the possession and continued maintenance of a valid class "C" California driver's license.Wondering what to expect during the recruitment process? Please visit the City's Job Opportunities page for additional information.
Deadline to applyMarch 22, 2023, 5:00 p.m., or when 75 qualified applications have been received.Review of submissionsOngoingPanel interview weighted 100%To be determinedDepartment-level interviewsTo be determinedJob OfferSelected candidate(s) will receive a conditional job offer.
Information contained herein is subject to change without notice.
The City of San Leandro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information regarding ADA accommodations or Veteran's preference, please visit the City's employment FAQ's page.Employment Type: Full-Time