Early Childhood Center
2022-2023 School Year
Effective Dates of Employment:
ASAP - June 30, 2023
$22.00 per hour;
$23.25 per hour if candidate has at least two (2) years of prior work experience as an ABA or Behavior Technician.
- Provide a highly structured approach that relies on behavioral principles
- Run programs that specify pre-determined skills including: academic, communication, motor, social, adaptive daily living skills (including: toileting (may require lifting), grooming, dressing and eating using a systematic prompting sequence
- Collect data and record progress of skill acquisition
- Graph all programs daily to track progress
- Assist students in generalizing learned skills within the general education settings
- Implement play plans and facilitate social interactions at unstructured times (recess, lunch, specials, etc.)
- Collect student work as directed by special education teacher
- Gather/create/organize materials for educational programs, behavior charts, reinforcement systems, etc. as requested by special educator
- Work with students who may exhibit behaviors such as: aggression, property destruction, self-injury, non-compliance, disruption, inattention to task, social deficits, non-verbal communication skills and safety concerns
- Implement specific behavior protocol (including data collection and graphing as needed)
- Maintain current crisis prevention certification (e.g.,Safety-Care) and implement physical restraints and escorts as needed
- Consult with special educator, general educator and behavior specialist
- Complete daily home communication log
- Attend required meetings and trainings after school
- Complete Registered Behavior Technician training or equivalent
- Responsible for other general duties as indicated by the Principal, directives of the Superintendent of Schools or his/her designee, and policies of the Marlborough School Committee
- 1-2 years of supervised experience using ABA methodologies, preferably in a public school setting, with students with Autism Spectrum Disorder or related disabilities
- Minimum of an Associate's degree. A Bachelor's degree is a plus. Degree in the field of education or psychology is also a plus.
- Bilingual (Spanish or Portuguese) is a plus.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of the Marlborough Public Schools not to discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, national origin, color, homelessness, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability in its education programs, services, activities, or employment practices.